Directorate of Dormitory
Affiliated with the Office of the Vice-President for Student Affairs
University of Halabja
Mission Statement: Enhancing Student Living Accommodations for Excellence
The Directorate of Dormitory, an integral part of the University of Halabja, operates under the umbrella of the Office of the Vice-President for Student Affairs. It comprises two distinct divisions: Girls Dormitory and Boys Dormitory. Our core objective is to provide a comprehensive array of services that prioritize the comfort and well-being of our esteemed student community.
- Provision of Housing Accommodations: We offer complimentary housing and logistical support to students hailing from distant cities and towns who have chosen the University of Halabja as their academic home.
- Fully-Equipped Rooms: Each dormitory room can accommodate up to four individuals and is thoughtfully furnished with essential amenities, including refrigerators, soba (heating stoves), coolers, clothes cabinets, stoves, irons, water coolers, washing machines, shoe racks, vacuum cleaners, carpets, beds, and bed sheets. Some of our buildings also feature shared kitchen facilities, laundry rooms, study halls, and relaxation rooms.
- Maintenance Oversight: We meticulously oversee and maintain the efficient operation of essential dormitory systems, including sustainable cooling and heating systems and central boiler systems.
- Issue Resolution: Our dedicated team is committed to promptly addressing and resolving any dormitory-related issues. We remain accessible during and after official working hours, ensuring that concerns are elevated to the relevant authorities as necessary.
- Enforcement of Dormitory Regulations: We enforce specific dormitory regulations and instructions to provide students with a secure and suitable living environment while they are away from their homes. This includes monitoring student attendance and taking appropriate legal action against those who do not adhere to dormitory rules. Additionally, we manage requests for compensation related to damage caused to dormitory equipment.
- Annual Assessment: Prior to the commencement of each academic year, we prepare a comprehensive report highlighting any existing challenges, deficiencies, and dormitory capacity. This report is collaboratively reviewed with the Office of the Vice-President for Student Affairs to identify solutions and facilitate communication with relevant university and Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research offices.
- Collaboration for Safety: We maintain a close partnership with the Directorate of Health and Safety and the Directorate of Technical and Maintenance within the university to ensure the health and safety of our students.
- Environmental Stewardship: We prioritize the cultivation and maintenance of dormitory gardens and green areas. Our aim is to foster a pleasant, clean, and healthy environment for both students and staff.
- Information Hub: We serve as a primary source of information regarding the dormitory, its policies, and relevant updates for students and staff.
- Official Correspondence: We handle and direct official correspondence to the appropriate parties within the scope of our directorate’s responsibilities.
The Directorate of Dormitory at the University of Halabja remains dedicated to its mission of enhancing the living experience for our students. We are committed to providing top-tier services and continuously improving our operations to meet the evolving needs of our academic community.